Red Raider Scholar Program (proposed)
A Red Raider Scholar is a high school senior who is publicly recognized and awarded for the pursuit of excellence in scholarship, leadership and citizenship at Kahuku High & Intermediate School.
- Strengthening school/parent relations, school/student relations, community relations, alumni relations, relations and networking with Hawaii businesses, sponsors and supporters
- Facilitating and enhancing the existing PTP, mock interviews, job shadowing, college admission relations, AVID programs
- Encouraging professional growth and learning of teachers and students (teachers can network with category judges and other educators)
- Improving school planning and progress
- Improving school culture by emphasizing quality work and service to the school and community
- Promoting professional qualities and instructional leadership
- Increasing stakeholder support and engagement
- Increasing graduation rate, improved GPA’s, HSA, SAT, ACT scores, etc. At the end of the program, many parents will hopefully encourage their younger children to start preparing to qualify for the Red Raider Scholar award since it could be a great opportunity for them for college and future careers.